Free up cash flow
When your bank knows that you’ll get paid for a foreign contract - even if your buyer defaults - it may have more confidence to provide you with increased cash flow or forego the usual requirements for collateral.
Grow your business with confidence
ARI can be used to help free up funds to promote your business in new markets, pursue new customers, keep your operations and sales cycles running smoothly, and provide favourable payment terms to your customers.
Protect your sales
ARI protects you for up to 90 per cent of your losses resulting from non-payment due to a wide range of risks, such as:
- A customer’s bankruptcy or default on payment. Trying to get a reluctant or insolvent customer to pay can be a time-consuming and expensive experience. With ARI, you can recover up to 90 per cent of your losses, and we can take over debt collection.
- A customer’s refusal to accept the goods as contracted. Your customer made an order, but now the shipment is sitting at the dock unclaimed. This could result not only in losing the money owed, but also in storage expenses, or getting the shipment resold or returned. ARI covers you for up to 90 per cent of the value of the contract, as well as for costs associated with storing, returning or diverting goods to a new customer.
- Contract cancellation. You have work in progress to fulfill a contract for an international customer, but the customer cancels the contract, leaving you with customized goods that cannot be easily re-sold. With ARI, you are covered for 90 per cent of the contract value, including any production still in inventory at the time the contract was cancelled.
- Payment delays caused by blocked funds or transfer difficulties. Foreign governments may block or delay the transfer of funds out of their country. ARI protects you from these losses and saves you the headaches and expenses that these delays can cause.
- Hostilities in a customer’s country. ARI gives you the peace of mind to pursue opportunities in foreign markets that may be subject to political unrest.
- Cancellation or non-renewal of export or import permits. In the event that the Government of Canada prevents your company from shipping goods by cancelling or not renewing an export permit, or if a foreign government prevents a buyer from accepting goods by cancelling or not renewing an import permit, you will be protected with ARI.
Making a claim is fast and easy
Most export transactions go smoothly, but when something does go wrong, you’ll be glad you have ARI. We try to make the experience of making a claim quick and painless — you can report a debt, submit a claim, or engage a collection agency online through EDC Direct.
Any Canadian business that exports goods or services can apply. ARI policy administration, including monthly premiums, is easy to manage online.
Rates are based are on several factors, including type of coverage, the type of goods you’re exporting, buyer credit risks, and the country you’re exporting to.
The above information describes, in general, EDC services and is not a commitment to provide them. Only the documentation supplied by EDC, in connection with any transaction, provides the full detail and terms and conditions.