EDC Direct Login
Please choose one of the following login options:
About EDC Direct
EDC Direct is the protected section of our website where EDC customers can complete a variety of insurance-related tasks.
Receivable Insurance Centre
Accounts Receivable Insurance policyholders can manage their policy online while taking advantage of time- and money-saving features.
Contract Insurance and Bonding Centre
Customers can securely apply, pay for, and manage their bonding coverage online for Performance Security Insurance, Performance Security Guarantees, Contract Frustration Insurance and Surety Bond Insurance.
Customers can view previously ordered EXPORT Check reports, order new credit profiles without re-registering, and quickly access online insurance coverage for those transactions.
About the Receivable Insurance Centre
As an Accounts Receivable Insurance (ARI) policyholder, you can manage your policy online while taking advantage of time- and money-saving features:
- Complete and submit your declarations online;
- Submit payment through your financial institution’s online banking site;
- Access up to 12 months of declaration and statement of account history;
- Request the addition of countries or payment terms;
- Submit, change or withdraw credit approvals on your foreign customers;
- Save 25 per cent if we need to order credit information on your customer;
- Report and manage your past due accounts;
- Submit and track claims;
- Engage a collection agency; and
- Access key insurance forms and guides.
To learn more about our Accounts Receivable Insurance policy (ARI), visit our ARI online guide where you will find a variety of videos, step-by-step tutorials, valuable resources and more.
Online Bill Payment
Export Development Canada can be set up as a payee with the following financial institutions:
- Bank of Montreal
- Caisse Populaire Desjardins
- Credit Union – Central BC
- National Bank of Canada
- Royal Bank of Canada
- TD Canada Trust
- Payee Name: Export Development Canada
- You can only pay in Canadian dollars when you use the online banking option.
- Some banks may allow payments from a US dollar account. If this is the case, your funds will be converted from US dollars to Canadian dollars. When EDC receives the payment, we will convert the funds back from Canadian dollars to US dollars and allocate the payment to your US currency Statement of Account. When a foreign currency exchange difference arises, the resulting debit or credit will be reflected on your Statement of Account.
Getting Access to EDC Direct
If you are an EDC customer, you can obtain access to EDC Direct in two ways:
- Request access through your underwriter, or
- Call the EDC Direct Help Desk at 1-888-649-8287 weekdays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
Each Thursday, hear from our Chief Economist Peter G. Hall and get a concise analysis of global issues for Canadian exporters and investors.
Get the most from your ARI policy
Our guide covers everything you need to manage your policy and make sure you’re covered.
Subscribe to our business magazine for tips on how to help your business thrive.