Twelve Canadian Companies Named to the Global Cleantech 100 List
More than half include EDC customers from diverse markets and sectors across Canada
(OTTAWA) – January 29, 2019
Once again in 2019, Canadian cleantech companies are making their mark on the world stage, with 12 companies being named to the prestigious Global Cleantech 100 list at the Cleantech Forum in San Francisco. This year, the list of innovative and promising clean technology companies represents strong diversification of markets and sectors with representation from across Canada.
Eight of the 12 companies being recognized are Export Development Canada (EDC) customers, a banner year for Canadian cleantech companies whose locations span across British Columbia, Ontario and Nova Scotia covering many different sectors including energy, biochemicals, extractives and more.
“EDC would like to congratulate the Canadian companies who have been selected for this year’s Global Cleantech Top 100 list. The innovative solutions offered by Canadian clean technology companies are being used globally to reduce environmental impacts and allow for more efficient use of natural resources,” said Carl Burlock, Senior Vice President, Financing, Export Development Canada. “Canada’s clean technology sector continues to evolve, and EDC is proud to be supporting the international growth of Canadian clean technology companies.”
Congratulations to our customers:
- CarbonCure Technologies Inc. – Advanced Materials (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- CoolEdge Lighting Inc. – Energy Efficiency (Richmond, British Columbia)
- Ecobee Inc. – Energy Efficiency (Toronto, Ontario)
- Enbala Power Networks Inc. – Smart Grid (North Vancouver, British Colombia)
- Metamaterial Technologies Inc.– Advanced Materials (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia)
- Minesense Technologies Ltd. – Extractive (Vancouver, British Columbia)
- SemiosBios Technologies Inc. – Agriculture (Vancouver, British Columbia)
- Terramera Inc. – Biochemicals (Vancouver, British Columbia)
- EDC is the largest Canadian provider of financial solutions for Canadian cleantech companies looking to export internationally.
- EDC has a dedicated Cleantech team of professionals with representation across Canada with the sector knowledge and expertise to help facilitate the growth of Canadian Cleantech companies.
- In 2018, EDC provided over $2.0 billion in support for clean technology companies – a record year.
- Since 2012, EDC has quadrupled its cleantech customers, facilitating more than $6 billion in business in 114 countries.
- The cleantech global market is estimated to be worth US$1 trillion and expected to surpass US $2.5 trillion by 2022.
EDC helps Canadian companies go, grow, and succeed in their international business. As a financial Crown corporation, EDC provides financing, insurance, bonding, trade knowledge, and matchmaking connections to help Canadian companies sell and invest abroad. EDC can also provide financial solutions to foreign buyers to facilitate and grow purchases from Canadian companies.
For more information about how we can help your company, call us at
1-888-434-8508 or visit www.edc.ca.
Export Development Canada
Trade Unlimited – 2017 Annual Report
Detailed information on our performance measures and highlights.