Why choose EDC Advance Payment Insurance (CapEx)?
Discover if EDC Advance Payment Insurance (CapEx) is right for your clients.
Your custome can use EDC Advance Payment Insurance (CapEx) to insure their advance payments to suppliers, for up to 90% of financial losses resulting from risks, including:
- supplier insolvency;
- unlawfully broken contracts by the supplier;
- lawfully broken contracts by your client;
- currency conversion and transfer;
- war and related disturbances;
- cancellation or expiration of required permits, licenses or approvals; and
- governments declaring moratorium on international debts.
With customer consent, financial institutions can request to directly receive claim payments from EDC.
Any Canadian business that issues advance payments to international or domestic suppliers for the purchase of capital and quasi-capital goods.
The premium is based on the duration of coverage and the credit profile of the supplier.