- Targeted approach to business
- Open on a restricted basis under select programs
|Nominal GDP||4,902.20 Billion USD|
|Currency||Japanese Yen (JPY)|
|Merchandise Imports from Canada||10,692.29 Million CAD|
|Canadian direct investment||4,715 Million CAD|
|Main imports||Industrial Supplies, Capital Equipment, Food, Beverage & Tobacco, Consumer Goods|
|Canadian companies assisted||319|
|International buyers insured||909|
|Business volume||2,325.02 Million CAD|
Japan's business environment is one of the best in the world due in large to the country's excellent infrastructure, strong rule of law and stringent property rights protection. Additionally, Japan's high standards for education have produced a highly skilled and technical workforce. Trade is of high importance for the Japanese economy and there exists ongoing potential for Canadian exporters across a wide range of sectors.
- Environmental Infrastructure & Waste Water
- Forestry (Lumber, Pulp & Paper)
- Oil and Gas
How we can support your business
Through our Head Office operations in Ottawa, we provide support to Canadian companies planning on or currently doing business in Japan.
- We are well positioned to help Canadian companies through a range of financing and risk management services.
- Learn more about our service offering.
Congratulations, you made a sale outside of Canada. Now what?
Make sure you get paid with EDC credit insurance. Fast. Online. Secure.