- Large and affluent population
- Trade agreements have removed most barriers
- Skilled workforce and highly developed infrastructure
- Strong and stable rule of law
- Lots of existing trade in goods and services
Europe is a vast and lucrative market for Canadian business. Trade agreements have removed most of the trade barriers, making this huge market of 445 million consumers a tempting target for our nation’s entrepreneurs. Canadian exports to the EU have already risen by 17% since the implementation of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), and that’s just the beginning.