- You connect with your venture capital or private equity investor(s) to let them know you’re interested in the EDC Investment Matching Program.
- Your investor will connect with EDC to find out if they qualify as a co-investment partner with EDC. To qualify, they must have a fund of at least $100 million, or be backed by EDC, Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) or Farm Credit Canada (FCC). In addition, they must enter into a contractual obligation to align and share information with EDC.
- Once qualified, your investor will share their term sheet, investment memorandum, and diligence materials, as required, with EDC.
- EDC will then engage with you and your investor(s) to verify due diligence, gather additional information as required, and better understand the investment opportunity. Note: Approval isn’t assured, and meeting eligibility criteria is only one step in EDC’s expedited co-investment review process. Opportunities are assessed by EDC, to ensure they align with our strategy and standards (including ESG).
- Following approval, the timelines for the legal documentation process (payable by you, the investee) and closing date of the transaction will follow market standards.
EDC Investment Matching Program
Accelerate your company’s growth with quick access to reliable capital