Canada has an established and growing trade and investment relationship with Senegal. Senegal's economy has been growing and the market conditions are improving and are considered fairly open, with an economy dominated by a few strategic sectors, including groundnuts, fisheries and services. Some investments have been made in Senegal’s infrastructure (roads, ports, airports), but the energy sector is still in need of investment. Senegal is considered a hub for the francophone West Africa, and many international banks are present. We see very good export and investment opportunities across a wide range of sectors that match Canadian capabilities.
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Forestry (Lumber, Pulp & Paper)
- Machinery - Packaging, Industrial & Analytical Instruments
- Mining & Metals
How we can support your business
Through our Head Office operations in Ottawa, we provide support to Canadian companies planning on or currently doing business in Senegal.
- We are positioned to help Canadian companies through a range of financing and risk management services.
- Learn more about our service offering.
Consult our interactive Country Risk Quarterly report.