Vietnam is evolving from a centrally planned economy to one that is more market driven. Consequently, trade between Canada and Vietnam has tripled in the past five years. Although macroeconomic factors and Vietnam's dependence on State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) can pose challenges for potential foreign investors, the Vietnamese economy provides ample opportunities for Canadian companies in all sectors due to favorable demographics and a growing middle class. Developing and improving power supply, especially in urban and industrial areas, is currently a major priority of the government.
- Environmental Infrastructure & Waste Water
- Forestry (Lumber, Pulp & Paper)
- Medical Technology & Devices
- Oil and Gas
How we can support your business
Through our representation in Singapore, we provide regional support to Canadian companies planning on or currently doing business in Viet Nam. Our regional representatives have developed strategic relationships with major buyers in key sectors as well as an extensive network of local contacts in the market.
- We are well positioned to help Canadian companies through a range of financing and risk management services.
- Learn more about our service offering.