The global extractive, power, utilities, infrastructure and industrial sectors operate in a highly competitive business environment. The raising of well structured finance is seen as a key success factor. We have a successful track record in working with a variety of companies globally to assess particular financing needs and objectives and to help develop the most appropriate strategy for the particular funding need in question. See examples.
EDC’s Structured and Project Finance Group maintains the largest and most experienced internationally focused project finance team in Canada. Since establishment in 1995, the Structured and Project Finance Team has closed more than 300 transactions with EDC’s total financing support exceeding USD 22 billion. As a partner in international financing syndicates, we have experience in being advisor, arranger and underwriter. You can also count on us when it comes to your project's technical, environmental and social, or documentation needs.
Any project sponsor with a project that demonstrates economic benefits to Canada can inquire about our project financing solutions.
The following documentation is required:
- a financial model clearly detailing the sources of revenue;
- market and feasibility studies;
- an insurance review;
- an independent engineer's report;
- an environmental assessment; and
- details of Canadian content and/or ownership (as applicable).
International Agreements and Principles
Companies operating abroad should be aware that we are subject to the following provisions and guidelines governing international trade:
- Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- World Trade Organization's Countervail Measures Agreement
- Anti-Corruption Program
If you are working on a large-scale global project that meets these criteria, please contact us.