As the world’s developed nations move closer to herd immunity, global trade has once again begun to boom. But as welcome as it is, this rapid economic acceleration is creating greater risk and uncertainty about what the future holds for Canadian exporters.
A new surge of COVID-19 cases is calling into question whether the Canadian economy is resilient enough to maintain this pace of growth—and if we have the supply chains, labour force and industrial capacity to support it.
To make the smartest decisions for your business—now and in the future—you’ll need a thorough understanding of the evolving economic situation at home and around the world.
In our new webinar, Global Economic Outlook: What you need to know, we will share EDC’s analysis of the main economic developments impacting companies like yours, as well as the biggest challenges and opportunities you’re likely to face as you grow your business.
Watch to learn about:
- EDC’s global economic forecast, including the continued impacts of COVID-19 and specific factors related to viral spreads and vaccine distribution progress
- Ongoing supply chain disruptions and what they mean for Canadian exporters
- The outlook for recovery in developing and emerging markets
- Which industries and jobs have been impacted by COVID-19, including the best- and worst-performing sectors
- Insights on global policy response, GDP growth for key economies, commodity prices, interest rates and exchange rates
- What the future looks like for Canadian businesses