To provide additional information to EDC for a credit limit request, follow these steps:
Note: Should your buyer want to provide information directly to EDC, please have them send their documents to email@example.com referencing your company name.
1. Click on the My Portfolio menu.
Note: If you have multiple policies, you can filter credit approvals by policy number. Select the policy number from the drop-down list and click Submit. Export policy numbers contain an “E” and domestic contain a “D.”
2. On the Portfolio tab, from the list of approved buyers that appears, highlight the buyer for whom you would like to request a credit limit increase or decrease and click on the Manage Limit button.
Note: The Manage Limit button is also available in the top right corner of the buyer details screen. You can access buyer details by selecting a buyer and clicking on Details.
3. From the Manage Limit pop-up window, under Credit Limit Management, click on Appeal Decision or Request Increase (if Appeal Decision is not available).
4. In the pop-up window, complete all the necessary fields and attach the additional information (such as the buyer’s financial reports or credit reports). When complete, click on the Submit button.
5. An email confirmation will be sent to you acknowledging the request.
6. In the pop-up window, the system will display that the request is pending (hourglass image). You will receive a second email confirming the decision after an underwriter has reviewed the additional information.
Speak to our customer care team weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET at 1-866-716-7201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.