To request a credit limit increase or decrease for one of your buyers, follow these steps:
1. Click on the My Portfolio menu.
Note: If you have multiple policies, you can filter credit approvals by policy number. Select the policy number from the drop-down list and click Submit. Export policy numbers contain an “E” and domestic contain a “D.”
2. On the Portfolio tab, from the list of approved buyers that appears, highlight the buyer for whom you would like to request a modification and click on the Manage Limit button.
Note: The Manage Limit button is also available in the top right corner of the buyer details screen. You can access buyer details by selecting a buyer and clicking on Details.
If you have multiple policies, you will be prompted to select the policy before the Services menu displays. Policy numbers starting with SD or CD represent domestic policies, whereas policy numbers starting with SE or CE identify export policies where the goods or services are being exported outside of Canada.
3. From the Manage Limit pop-up window, under Credit Limit Management, click on Request Increase, Reduce limit or Cancel Credit limit.
If you do not see the options Request Increase, Reduce limit or Cancel Credit Limit (only the Credit Limit icon is clickable), you have chosen the wrong policy number. Use the x in the top right-hand corner of the Manage Limit box to close the window and click on the Manage Limit button again to choose the correct policy number.
4. In the pop-up window that appears, complete all the necessary fields and attach any relevant files such as the buyer’s financial reports or credit reports. When complete, click on the Submit button. An email confirmation will be sent to you, acknowledging the request.
You will receive the error “This request cannot be processes online, please contact EDC.” after clicking Submit if:
5. In the pop-up window, the system will display whether the request is approved (green check mark), declined (red “x”) or pending (hourglass image). You will receive a second email confirming this decision.
Speak to our customer care team weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET at 1-866-716-7201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.