To report an overdue buyer, follow these steps:
Ensure you understand the obligations under your policy for reporting an overdue.
You should always refer to the "Claims and Overdue" section of your Coverage Certificate for the details of reporting overdue accounts and to determine the claims waiting period that applies to your policy. For steps for how to view your Coverage Certificate, see How to view policy details.
1. Click on the My Portfolio menu. On the Portfolio tab, select the overdue buyer from the list of approved buyers.
There are several ways to select your buyer:
2. Once you have selected your buyer, click on Manage Debt.
If you have multiple policies (such as export and domestic), you will be prompted to select the policy before the Manage Debt menu displays.
If your buyer is Canadian and is covered under both an export and domestic policy, you will need to report the overdue under both polices.
The Manage Debt button is also available in the top right corner of the buyer details screen. You can access buyer details by selecting a buyer and clicking on Details.
3. Select Report an Overdue Buyer from the pop-up window.
4. Complete the following three tabs of the Overdue Notification screen:
5. When all tabs are complete, click on the Submit button.