When registering for pre-authorized debit payments, you will need the following information on hand:
Only Canadian financial institutions can be used for pre-authorized debit payments with EDC.
Only the main administrative contact can complete the steps below to register for pre-authorized debit payments.
To register for pre-authorized debit payments, follow these steps:
1. Login to the Invoices and Statements portal.
2. Once in the portal, select the policy number you wish to register for pre-authorized debit payments from the Representing drop-down at the top of the homepage.
Your policy number will always begin with two letters (such as SE, SD, CE or CD). If you select the record that begins with numbers, the option to register for pre-authorized debit payments will not be available.
If you have multiple policies, you will need to set up pre-authorized debit payments on each policy you wish to be pre-authorized.
3. Under Manage Account, click on Register for Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD).
Only the main policy administrator will be able to view this option and registered for pre-authorized debit.
4. In the registration form that appears, enter bank account details.
5. Accept the terms and conditions and submit the form.
If you receive an error when submitting the form, ensure that:
If all the information above is correct and you encounter an error, please contact EDC customer care.
Once pre-authorized debit is set-up, it will only take future invoices. Any invoices already generated, even if not yet due, will need to be paid using our alternate payment methods.