- Your business will have to complete an online eligibility form and self-declare as a direct, indirect or future exporter.
- Eligibility for the EDC Trade Recovery Guarantee is subject to additional requirements through approved financial institutions.
- The following aren’t supported by the EDC Trade Recovery Guarantee:
- Government organizations or bodies or entities wholly owned by a government organization or body;
- Non-profit organizations, registered charities, unions, or fraternal benefit societies or orders, or entities owned by such an organization, unless the entity is actively carrying on a business in Canada (including a related business in the case of a registered charity) that earns revenue from the regular supply of property/goods or services;
- Entities owned by any federal member of Parliament or senator; and
- Entities that promote violence, incite hatred or discriminate on the basis of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or mental or physical disability, contrary to applicable laws.
- Proceeds from your loan must be used to finance business operating costs and can’t be used to repay or refinance existing debt.
Talk to your financial institution to find out if the EDC Trade Recovery Guarantee, or another EDC solution, is a good fit for your financing needs.