Canada had the highest percentage of women participating in new businesses and was ranked fifth-highest in terms of female-ownership for established companies in 2016, according to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Canada Report on Women’s Entrepreneurship.
Yet even with this strong entrepreneurial spirit, woman-led companies continue to face challenges in being able to grow and scale—with access to capital remaining one of the top barriers.
Financial readiness is a critical component of any international growth plan. In our webinar, Scaling up: How to get funding for women-led businesses, we’ll explain what funders consider when making credit or investment decisions, and how to strengthen your financial acumen to obtain the resources you need to grow globally.
Join us to learn:
- The different types of capital you can raise for your company’s growth
- When to seek debt versus equity financing
- What capital providers are looking for and how to strengthen your relationship with your lender/investors
- What trade finance is and how EDC can help support your global growth
- Tips from an exporter like you who has secured capital and grown globally